What is the GARB Panel?
- The GARB Panel is a consumer research panel made up of individuals like you and is used to provide consumer insights to a major apparel manufacturing company on a wide variety of new product and marketing ideas. The GARB panel is managed by Bellomy Research, Inc., a marketing research company.
What does the name GARB mean?
- GARB stands for Great Apparel Research Board. Since members of the GARB Panel will be doing research on clothing and apparel, and since we think you're great, the name fits pretty well!
How are members selected for the GARB Panel?
- Members of the GARB Panel have been selected in a variety of ways. Most participants were met and interviewed face-to-face at malls and restaurants across the country. Others were recruited online or referred by family and friends. Some participants were even referred by other research companies because of their love of sharing their opinions through market research projects.
Can my family participate in projects too, even if they are not on the GARB Panel?
- When we are recruiting participants for a research project, often we will ask panelists if they have a family member who might be interested in participating for a particular project. For this reason, we only need one person per family signed up as a GARB Panel member. In situations where we are looking to test kids' products, we will ask panelists who are parents if they are interested in letting a child participate. Likewise, we may ask a male panelist if they have a female significant other in their household who might like to participate, etc.
Can my friends and family join the GARB Panel?
- We are always excited to get new members for the GARB Panel. To sign up for the panel, simply visit the home page at www.GARBonline.com and click the green 'join' button. You will be redirected to a survey where we will ask some questions and find out a little bit about you. Then, as projects come up that we think you might be interested in, we will contact you via email. It's that simple!
Login and Registration
Why do I get logged off automatically?
· If you do not check the Next time automatically sign me in box when you login, the Community will only keep you logged in for your current session. This prevents misuse of your account by anyone else. To stay logged in, check the box during login. This is not recommended if you access the Community from a shared computer (i.e. library, internet café, university cluster, etc.).
I’ve lost my password!
· No worries. Your password can be recovered by going to the login page and click I forgot my password. Enter your registered email address and your password will be sent to you.
How do I change my password?
· Select edit at the top right-hand corner of the screen beside your username. The Edit Your Profile menu will appear. Select the Sign-In Information tab and select Change Password.
How can I update my contact information?
- It's easy! Just click on "Update My Profile" to the left of this page, and enter your new information.
Surveys/Projects and Activities
Why can’t I vote in a poll?
· If you are seeing the results of the poll, chances are you have either already answered the poll or the deadline to answer the poll has already past. Don’t worry, there will be more polls posted in the future!
Why haven't I received any surveys recently?
- If a couple of months pass and you have not received any emails from us, don't worry. Sometimes, several weeks might go by where we are not recruiting for a project due to the number of projects that are currently in the field. Another reason might be that for a couple of projects in a row, we are only looking for participants of a certain gender, age, etc. If, however, it has been more than 2 months and you have not heard from us, please feel free to send us an email or give us a call just to verify that we still have your most up-to-date contact information.
What if I have trouble accessing a survey link that GARB has emailed to me?
- Here are a few things to try: copy and paste the address into your browser instead of clicking on it, check your security settings to make sure your computer can accept our links, press 'Ctrl' as you click on the link to make sure it isn't being blocked by pop-up blocker, and as a last resort, try accessing the link from your email on a different computer, such as a family or friend's or perhaps the library or school. Sometimes just trying again later can also do the trick. If none of these things solves your problem, you can contact the GARB Panel Manager.
How long are the surveys available?
- Usually, a survey will remain open for about 7 days. You won't usually receive a warning that the survey is closing, although you may get a phone call from us to remind you to go online and complete it. If you check your email regularly for mail from Chris@GARBonline.com, you should get the original invitation plus at least one email reminder. As soon as you see that email invitation, go ahead and complete your survey so you don't miss the deadline and your chance to receive your incentive.
When will I be paid for my participation in a project?
- After completing a GARB Project and its accompanying online survey, you can expect to receive your incentive check in the mail in 2 to 4 weeks. If you do not receive your incentive check in this amount of time, please contact the GARB Panel Manager to make sure your correct mailing address is on file. If you do contact the Panel Manager, they will need to know your name, address, and details about the project you completed.
Will I be paid for every project I complete?
- Typically, every project offers some sort of incentive and the details will be included in the email we send asking if you are interested in participating. Sometimes, online surveys (that do not include any in-home work) offer an entry into a drawing as the incentive for you to participate, although some may offer an incentive to every participant. Projects that require a greater amount of time, such as in-home product wear tests, product diaries, focus groups, etc., will pay every participant and the amount varies depending on the amount of time involved.
What happens if I don't want to participate in a project?
- During your membership on the GARB Panel, you will receive several opportunities to participate in research projects. Although we hope you will be interested in participating in every project you qualify for, we understand that you might choose not to participate from time to time. Even though you might decide not to participate in a project, we will continue to send research opportunities your way as they come along.
Who should I contact if I have any questions or concerns about a project or my membership in the GARB Panel?
- We are always happy to hear from panelists and hope you do not hesitate to contact us any time you have a question or concern about the GARB Panel or a project you are working on for us. You can contact Virginia, the GARB Panel Manager, by email at Chris@GARBonline.com.
What if I don't see emails from Chris@GARBonline.com in my inbox?
- This usually happens when an email program decides our emails are bulk or spam mail. It may boot them into that folder in your inbox, and you never see them. To keep this from happening, add our email address to your email address book as an accepted email, and your inbox should recognize our mail and let it through (and don't worry about being bombarded; you usually won't receive more than one or two GARB emails per week, at the very most).
Didn’t answer your question? Contact us at Chris@GARBonline.com. We’ll be happy to answer any question you may have about your experience on our site.